The Mantra word for word
1. OM: We begin with Om the under-current tone of the universe.
2. NAMO: Means yielding or full of trust also can mean to bend or bow and might mean to melt into.
3. bhagawate: means in intimate relation to the Divine and often means the entire cosmos
4. Bhaishjaye: a name for the Medicine Buddha
5. guru: Spiritual Master also means the “that” which transmutes ignorance into wisdom
6. vaidurya prabha: Divine deep blue light, like that of Lapis Lazuli.
7. Rajaya: means Great King
8. Tathagataya: means once came or once gone
9. arhate: one who has conquered the cycle of birth death
10. samyaksam buddhaya: perfectly enlightened
11. teyatha: do it like this
12. OM: Again we begin with Om the under-current tone of the universe
13. bekhajye bekhajye: do away with the pain of illness
14. maha bekhajye: do away with the pain of illness (of the darkness of Spiritual Ignorance)
14. bekhajye: do away with the pain of illness
15. Samudgate: means the supreme heights. Like this, go go go
(my prayer shall go to the highest and the widest and the deepest.
16. svaha: I offer this prayer and now relinquish it … (to you Medicine Buddha)
“If one meditates on the Medicine Buddha, one will eventually attain enlightenment, but in the meantime one will experience an increase in healing powers both for oneself and others and a decrease in physical and mental illness and suffering.”